Good morning loves. If you are like me then you far away from your family and you most likely spent Easter weekend alone. Some people may be depressed or sad if they can’t be around their family during the holidays, but not me.
Since the breakup of my family almost three years ago my obligation to go home during the holidays is non-existent. So I guess I should say that I don’t want to go home during the holidays, not that I can’t make it home. Let me tell you that it’s very relieving not to have the pressure of trying to see all of my family and friends in such a short period of time over the weekend. I never thought that I would say this but I actually like spending time alone during the holidays.
If you can’t afford to go home for the holidays or if you don’t want to, I am here to tell you that you can enjoy being alone, you just need to find something fun to do.
Fun activities that you can do alone:
- Go on a road trip. A long weekend is the perfect time to take a getaway. Find a city that you want to visit within driving distance, hop in your car and get on the road. Exploring a new city on your own can be a great adventure; you get to do what you want, when you want. I love travelling alone.
- Go for a walk. Yesterday afternoon I spent two hours walking around my neighbourhood. None of the stores were open, but I had a great time getting outside and breathing in some fresh air. It was a great way to spend an afternoon and I enjoyed being outside in the brisk spring air. Afterwards I came home and jumped into a warm bubble bath with the newest issue of SELF Magazine. What a lovely Sunday afternoon!
- Find a new restaurant or store. If you have been waiting and wanting to eat a new restaurant or shop at a new store then now is the perfect time to try it out. If you find yourself alone on a weekend with nothing to do then why not try something new?
- Have a movie marathon. I can’t think of a better way to spend a day than in bed with a long lost TV series on DVD. This weekend I started watching season 1 of the original Beverly Hills 90210, ah the good old days aka the 90s. I always wanted to be Brenda Walsh when I was a teenager, now I look back and think OMG I can’t believe that I dressed in those clothes and wore my hair in a scrunchie. What is your favourite thing about the 90s? I think mine is the music.
- Workout hard core. There is no better way to relieve stress and clear your head than with a hard core workout. Take a class, go for a walk and get out of your comfort zone. I really want to try soul cycle, but I can’t find a studio near my apartment in Montreal.
What did you do for fun Easter weekend?
Photo by praktyczny