CHEERS TO THAT!
Good morning Loves. Guess what? My Diary Entry has been nominated for a Liebster Award. What’s a Liebster Award you ask?
It’s a totally awesome award for totally awesome bloggers of course. I am super excited about this nomination because it’s my first and it comes from my friend Natalie.
You know Natalie right? She blogs here on Tuesdays and she comes to us from her lovely site Debt and the Girl.
So far this diary entry seems that it’s all about me, right? But trust me you should keep reading, why? Because I am going to tell you 22 embarrassing things about myself that you probably don’t know.
This is how it works…you get nominated for a Liebster Award and you have to answer the 11 questions asked by your nominator AND tell people 11 random things about yourself. The questions can be as personal and as crazy as you want. In return you get to nominate 5 other bloggers and ask them 11 embarrassing questions. How great is that?!
I love it. It’s a great way to get to know people on a more intimate level and have some laughs at the same time. Ok so let’s get started. Here are Natalie’s questions for me:
1. What is your favorite dessert?
Hands down my favourite dessert is Apple Pie, although I also love Pecan Pie and anything chocolate.
2. What’s the best thing that has happened to you in the past month?
Last week I had an awesome money week. I was expecting a refund from the post office of $20 and they ended up sending me a cheque for $60. I thought about returning it, but I just kept it. That was a nice little surprise.
3. Have you ever won anything?
This is going to sound so self-endulged but yes I have. In elementary school I won the English Award and the Merit Award. In high school I won a national fiction short story contest. Last year at my job I won an employee of the year award.
4. What is your favorite article of clothing?
I am a huge fan of American Eagle jeans and hoodie sweaters – bring on the fall weather.
5. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
Without a doubt I would like to meet Michael Jackson – so he could give me dance lessons.
6. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
My initial thought was a shark because I love them and I love the water. But I think my final answer would be a monkey because they are fun and I love to start my day with a banana.
7. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
That depends. Most of the time I would say that I am an extrovert. But if I am in a bad mood or I really don’t care for someone I am absolutely an introvert.
8. What (in your opinion) is the best quality another person can have?
Clean shoes and a nice smile – is that superficial? Oh and they have to be funny.
9. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
My personal motto is “There’s nothing that a bag of Reese Peanut Butter Cups and a medium pizza can’t fix.”
10. If you won the million dollar lottery tomorrow, what would you do with it?
I would absolutely take $10k and go on a month long Euro-trip then I would take another $5k to get my immigration papers and move to NYC, I would invest the rest.
11. Ok, be honest: Do you think you have a good sense of humor?
LOL that’s a great question. I personally think that I am hilarious, but my boyfriend tells me differently. I don’t always get stand up comedy – it just goes right over my head – so I guess my answer is no, I don’t have a good sense of humour.
Alright now for 11 random things about me and the questions for the awesome bloggers that I nominate for a Liebster Award.
HOLD UP. WAIT A MINUTE. Before we get into that, here are my nominations:
Athena @ According to Athena
Vanessa @ Vanessa’s Money
Puneet @ Puneet Sandhu
Daisy @ Add Vodka
Cat @ Budget Blonde
1. Who do you sleep with every night?
I sleep with my teddy bear named Jordan.
2. What do you really want to do in life? I mean really really.
My dream job is to be an author. I want to help people land their dream job, get their personal finances in order and find personal happiness.
3. What is your go-to-food after a bad day?
Chocolate chip cookie dough. I have stopped at the grocery store on my way home a few times this year.
4. If you could spend 3 weeks anywhere in the world for free where would it be?
I would have to say Europe – Portugal, Italy Greece.
5. What’s your favourite reality TV show?
The Real Housewives of Orange County.
6. Name your favourite PJs?
I love my travel pyjamas, they are bubble gum pink with red hearts.
7. What will you name your next pet?
Brooklyn because I love New York and I’m obsessed with Jay Z.
8. What’s your favourite breakfast food?
Scrambled egg and cheese on an English muffin – aka Egg Mc Muffin.
9. What bad habit do you wish you didn’t have?
I really wish that I didn’t have a sweet tooth, I also wish I wasn’t such a bitch sometimes. I’ve heard that my mood swings are unbearable at times.
10. What’s your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Chocolate with sprinkles or French Crisp (from Laura Secord) with sprinkles.
11. Name the one celebrity who you would leave your boyfriend/girlfriend for.
Jimmy Fallon or Justin Timerlake. Or Paul Walker or Mark Wahlberg. WAIT did I have to name just one?