Earlier this week on Facebook I promised to show you the video of my favourite song right now, but apparently there is no video – so we will all just have to listen to Pour it up by Rihanna. I have to say that I am absolutely loving this song right now and I am also totally loving Rihanna.
Not too long ago Rihanna was in the news for “making it rain” at a strip club by throwing hundreds of dollars in the air and letting them all fall down. This little publicity stunt makes the lyrics to the song Pour it up seem very fitting – strip clubs and dollar bills, still got my money.
Anyways being that I listen to this song at least twice a day I started thinking…why do people hate on strippers so much. Yes they are portrayed as skanky low class girls in movies but are they really that bad in real life? I am not so sure.
I have never actually been to a strip club but I am not hating on strippers, I wouldn’t do it because I don’t have the body – but I do love to dance. So I say if you’ve got the moves and you’ve got the body and you don’t have a narcotics habit – then go for it and make some money.
Here are 6 other reasons why it’s not so bad to be a stripper:
1. Money can all be spent in the same places, no matter how you earn it.
2. Every time you go to work you walk out with money in your pocket (how many of us 9 to 5ers can say that?).
3. You learn about entrepreneurship and money management because you are self employed.
4. Strippers are hard workers – the more you work the more money you make (it’s of like my freelance writing in that way).
5. Strippers are creative people who get to play dress up and make belief every single time they go to work (I for one would like to not wear a grey or black suit to work every single day).
6. They have to stay in shape. That is way better than sitting on my ass at a desk every single day!
Just to play devil’s advocate, here are 5 reasons why being a stripper is not so great:
1. You can’t put it on your resume so you are wasting valuable years of experience.
2.You have to work at night – I for one am usually in bed by 10 pm so this just couldn’t work for me.
3. You may be ashamed to tell your family and friends what you do – even though you probably make more money than they do.
4. Strippers have a taboo reputation in society – even though they shouldn’t because at least they are working and not at home collecting unemployment insurance.
5. Strippers may in danger of clients who want to take their personal lap dance just a little bit too far – take some self defence classes ladies!
Enjoy the music and have a great weekend!