Good morning Loves. This week I spent my nights glued to the TV watching Shark Week on Discovery Channel. You know that my favourite movie is Jaws, so watching Shark Week for seven days is definitely my favourite time of the year.
The Jaws ride in California is also my favourite attraction at Universal Studios, what can I say I am totally obsessed with sharks. I know it may sound gruesome but I love watching documentaries about sharks, learning about their thought process and hearing the stories of survivors.
I don’t ever want to be in a cage in shark infested water – I’m not that curious, but I do always make a point to visit the shark habitat whenever I am at an aquarium. The aquarium at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas is by far my favourite shark spot, it’s right out of the Sea World underground kingdom in the movie Jaws 3. Terrifying and intriguing at the same time. Remember this scene from the movie ————>
I learned some interesting facts about Shark Week and surprisingly some facts that I didn’t already know:
1. More people are attacked by Bull Sharks every year than Great White Sharks.
2. In Iceland scientists found a horse corpse inside a shark’s belly – I’m not sure how that happens.
3. The majority of people who are attached by sharks do not die.
4. Shark mating rituals are weird, and extremely violent – but hey, I guess that’s just the nature of the beast.
5. Sharks are a lot like people (or a lot like me anyways) they are calm and beautiful creatures until they feel threatened and then they go on the defensive and attack. That’s right, contrary to popular belief sharks do not seek out people to eat.
6. For every 1 person that is killed by a shark, people kill 6 million sharks.
7. Sharks don’t have any bones – just teeth.
8. Sharks can smell blood in the water from 3 miles away.
Did you watch Shark Week? What was your favourite show?