Happy Friday Loves. At 9 am I already spilt my coffee, I forget to put on deodorant and I was half an hour late for work. Today was just one of those days for me – one of those days when I should have just stayed in bed. Nothing dramatic happened to me to today, it just seemed that nothing in my normal routine went as planned and I really hate that…especially on Fridays when I am usually at my happiest.
How do you make it through a bad day at the office?
1. Pretend you are on a reality TV show. If your co-worker is bothering you, just pretend that you are going to vote them out next.
2. Take a little break. Sometimes we get so into our zone that we can’t think anymore. So get up, leave your desk, walk around and grab a bite to eat or a drink. It gives you a change of environment for 15 minutes and you can come back to your desk refreshed and ready to work. Remember that cold drinks keep you awake while hot beverages make you all warm and cozy.
3. Find something you like to do and do it all day. The day will go by a lot faster if you are doing something you love. So put off those tasks that you dislike and start doing something you love – even if it’s on your to do list for Monday…it’s ok to get a head start.
4. Picture yourself as the boss. A little daydreaming never hurt nobody. So picture yourself in that corner office. Thinking about a promotion or a raise always gives me motivation to keep working on those days when I just want to be in bed. PS – I always want to be in bed because I love napping.
5. Plan your next vacation. Having something to look forward to, especially a vacation, always makes me smile and feel better. Next weekend I am going to Vermont for the day (it’s only an hour from Montreal), at the end of the month I will be in Toronto and in October I am going to NYC for my birthday week…all vacations to look forward to.
Photo by beaufoto