In an effort to get healthy I have been making positive changes in my eating habits and trying to workout on a regular basis. It would be a major understatement to say that this lifestyle change has been an adjustment in my life. My personal motto used to be “There is nothing that a medium pizza and a bag of Reese Pieces can’t fix.” Now my personal motto is “Put down the pizza and walk away.”
I have traded in my medium pizzas for well proportioned meals and I have swapped the Reese Pieces for snack sized protein bars. I am making small changes in my life but they seem to be having a big impact. I feel lighter, smaller and I have more energy. I am enjoying my new healthy life and I look forward to the end result (aka losing 20 lbs by April 1, 2013).
Use these small changes to get healthy and be happy:
1. Drink More Water. You will feel full and it helps flush out the toxins in your body.
2. Exercise 3 Times a Week. Even if you only exercise for 30 minutes, it’s better than nothing.
3. Make your Workout Fun. Dancing and Zumba are fun workouts that burn a lot of calories.
4. Eat Smaller Portions. Get smaller plates, order a kids meal, do whatever it takes.
5. Eat Healthy Snacks. Snack on fruit, nuts and protein bars, trust me your belly will be full.
6. Don’t Forget the Fruits and Veggies. Try to eat veggies with your lunch and dinner, have some fruit for dessert.
7. Have a Cheat Day. Treat yourself in moderation once a week, only 1 chocolate chip cookie.
8. Stretch on a Daily Basis. Every day stretch out your limbs and your stress with some Yoga.
9. It’s Normal That You Are Hungry. Your body will adjust after a week or two, just ignore your belly grumbles.
10. Celebrate Your sSccess. Buy yourself something nice, don’t celebrate with food.